View Single Post
Old 25-01-2010, 15:39   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: virgin virus protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofdevon View Post
I do not have the virgin virus security installed on my PC because my PC supplier would not give me a guarantee and service unless I installed his supplied program, (Bullguard, which is quite good).

However I am now getting email on my virgin home page which has not been available over the past three years but has suddenly come to life.

I use Outlook express and Bullguard, spy nuker for my mails, however does the mail that goes into virgin email still get scanned by these two programs? or have I now got to consider virgin security?
You are not commited to Virgin security. I assume you mean PCGuard. It's not much good anyway. For very average protection it uses up a lot of system resources.

I use Spyware Doctor including antivirus on my Windows 7 machines. My Virgin and all other mail is scanned by that through Outlook. You can choose what malware detector you prefer.

Not sure what you mean by messages coming to life after 3 years. Is this SPAM you are referring to? The Virgin mail server uses its own security filters, like most ISPs, regardless of what you have on your PC. They will stop a certain amount ever reaching you.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote