View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 22:06   #75
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Government to monitor Internet Use

The more I think about this, the more I am concerned.

Not actually so much by this law, but by what happens afterward..

Why am I not concerned about this law? Simply because I don't believe it will work. Why don't I believe it will work? Well, the government has made it public. An act that will tell every terrorist group and criminal that their electronic communications are likely to be monitored. As such, they are going to switch to encrypted communications that are bounced off many proxies.

GCHQ may catch a few terrorists, but how many of the really competent (and therefore dangerous) ones are they likely to get?

No, my concern is this... They introduced the last law saying it was to catch terrorists. Clearly it hasn't worked as well as they want, as they want the new law. What will they want in three years time when this fails?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote