View Single Post
Old 26-04-2017, 17:50   #220
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
ludicrous policy; it meant one section of society wasn't 'all in it together' with the rest of us ! Also the chancellor, wisely, wants to be able to raise taxes, which he's going to have to since the debacle of the national insurance climb down. They sound confident ( too confident )

However the announcement on diesel cars has been postponed till after the election, wonder why ? 'Purdah' my backside !
it's ok i'm not a liberal it's your right to do what you want with it

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

ohh heck the partys full of them - lets hope there are no homophobes in the party that need sacking
Liberal Democrats
Tim Farron sacks Lib Dem candidate for 'offensive and antisemitic' remarks
Party leader bars former MP David Ward from standing in Bradford East because he is ‘unfit to represent the party’

The Liberal Democrats have barred the former Bradford East MP David Ward from standing again for the party, after Tim Farron said his comments about Jews had been “deeply offensive, wrong and antisemitic”.

Ward’s local party had chosen him to stand in Bradford East, the seat he held from 2010 until 2015 when he was ousted by Labour, but after criticism from Theresa May in the House of Commons and a meeting of senior Lib Dem officials, Farron said: “I believe in a politics that is open, tolerant and united. David Ward is unfit to represent the party and I have sacked him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-antisemitism

Last edited by papa smurf; 26-04-2017 at 18:00.