View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 14:24   #615
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Yes I follow these explanations, but insurance companies increase your renewal every year, and companies akin to VM raise their prices (sometimes more than) once a year. These increases would happen with or without Brexit, yet Brexit is always brought into any discussion about higher costs of living. If the remain vote had won we would still be seeing these increases in the cost of living, as has happened since . . . well I'm an old man now

Brexit will cause problems, but let's not use it as a bashing stick to explain why people are (seemingly)* worse off than last year.

* eg. if you buy a new 'top of the range' iphone every year, that's probably £700+ that you're out of pocket . . .
I don't think it's the only reason insurance companies raise their prices but inflation will push prices up across the board just because that's the nature of inflation.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
But that's only if the remainers accept that there will be NO transitional period. Otherwise we'll have to keep sending £billions to Brussels for no reward. i.e. kicking the can down the road.
Many Leavers in the Government would accept continuing payments for single market access so long as they had control of immigration and left the jurisdiction of the ECJ. There problem has never really been about the money.