View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009, 23:39   #64
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Hmmm, reading more into it "False allegations" i.e..events recorded by the police but which you have been found not guilty or not even been taken to court may be recorded on the CRB by the relevant police authority..

Now that's quite shocking... There is though an appeals process for it and the police are only supposed to disclose such matters which are directly relevant (i.e.. if applying to a school and you have information on the system that you were investigated for child abuse then they would add the investigation to the notes on the CRB)

I can see it's relevant to some applications but from what I've seen it's not foolproof
the slightly worrying thing ( though i have yet to see irrelevant information on a CRB ) is that that extra form i get i cant tell you about in any case so you would not know that the information had been given as it only goes on the employers copy and is not sent to the applicant on their copy