View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 20:31   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Traffic Management Changes - April 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
You know this is about their cable broadband services, right?
no, I want to pay £5 a month so I can download 50gb through my mobile phone

So lets review the conversation for those of us who cant keep up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
stm is a pain in the ass. I wish they would just give us the option to pay the un-discounted price of £35 and keep things as they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Never gonna happen.
Quote:
Why not? I am not asking for anything new, i just want to keep what i have already got
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Most likely reason is VM realised they couldnt handle un STM'd 100mbit and had a choice of STMing it or increasing prices to make it viable to pay for upgrades, the latter I suspect needed a price much higher than £35 a month
Quote:
if that is the case then I would like to see them do some form of bolt-on like for mobile phones where you can pay an extra £5 for another 50gb before you get stm'd or something.

Sooooooo, given that I can't keep my current 100mbit service as it is and Chrysalis has suggested that it would cost significantly more than what I currently pay, I used an analogy of an already implemented service being used on another technology (mobile phones ) to provide an example of how VM can implement a graduated price plan to off set the additional expense for those customers who want an stm free service.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote