View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 10:53   #481
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
As I've said previously, that trump has some Goldman Sachs representatives was a concern. This would be in the same category.

But to infer that Trump is a Globalist is nonsense. It was obvious from the get-go that the BBC were very anti Trump, so I decided to find out what Trump was actually saying, to make up my own mind on his policies.

His campaign speeches, and his speeches since then are readily available on Youtube, of which I watched a good number of in full.

No one listening to those speeches could get even a glint of a globalist agenda. His emphasis on one to one trade deals is a good example. One of the main ways globalism is 'back-doored' is multinational trade deals. which bring multinational laws with them. Trump is against those deals.

I loved this bit from his CPAC speech (44 minutes in) re globalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWBcDz3Y68

Trust me, I will be monitoring President Trump. He has made a lot of promises, and I'm as keen as anyone to make sure he keeps them. The only policy areas I don't have an opinion on is health care and taxation, simply because I don't know enough about the USA in these areas. That still leaves me a lot to monitor though.
In respect of globalisation, you need to judge him from his actions like his appointees and not his speeches. Lke most politicians, he has a habit of telling audiences what they want to hear.

His appointment of McMaster as national security adviser is a great move, this is a very interesting read. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...curity-adviser

Last edited by 1andrew1; 27-02-2017 at 10:58.