View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:48   #28
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: I can't get emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sorry, but I wasn't replying to your problem or suggesting it as a solution, I was just trying to clarify how to get emails from old Virgin accounts without manually forwarding them.

I appreciate you can't do that, however, if the accounts have been deleted. Hope you can find a solution to this though.
Just as an FyI, gmail will only import via POP3 - which is an old technology. It won't synchronise anything like read status or anything like that (So you'll possibly get a deluge of emails at first, dating back who knows how far) and if you have folders other than "inbox", it won't pull those in either. It also won't pull in your sent items.

It looks like a complicated setup, but it's more straightforward than you might think. In gmail, go into your settings, under "account and import" there's an option to add email accounts from elsewhere. It'll first ask what your email address is - so type that in. Next it'll ask you if you want to import those emails - you do, so click next. On the next screen it asks for your username and password- that's the same username and password you log into your emails with, so your email address is the username and your password is your password.

Below that it asks for the server to use - by default it'll say pop3.ntlworld.com but this is wrong, you need to select that, click "other" and type in pop3.virginmedia.com instead. Leave the "port" as 995 and look at the other options to decide how you want it to import. That's it.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote