View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 12:44   #966
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
I was on 152Mb and typically got 110Mb/120Mb. Now I'm upgraded to 200Mb and typically get 150Mb/160Mb.

Any advice on what I would likely get if I downgraded to 100Mb...

Best

The difference in speed will depend on a number of factors.

The speed you get by plugging your computer directly into your modem by ethernet cable will be faster than the speed received wirelessly from a router.

I had problems with my speeds and despite having an I5 laptop and an I7 laptop being given the same speed at the modem the I5 laptop was significantly slower than the I7.

Unfortunately, having your speed upgraded also means having your hardware upgraded, especially the processor and the network/wireless unit if you want to benefit from the increase. Hope that helps.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote