View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 17:16   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Anyone had it?

My sister had it done by a very well known company and was well and truly ripped off - the price they initially quoted being only half of what she eventually had to pay (and NO the original quote wasn't for just one eye! )
Watchdog did a programme about laser eye surgery clinics a while ago and their conclusions were rather worrying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...l_pricing.html

A mate of mine was considering having it done but IIRC they explained that correcting his vision for reading etc. would then require him to wear glasses for golf and the other sports he loves which he was not prepared to accept. He decided to stick to glasses.

I've recently succumbed to 1.5x reading glasses and yes it can be a pain, but I'd only resort to laser surgery if things were really bad.

Not being patronising but don't rush into anything - the more advice you get before deciding to go ahead, the better.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote