View Single Post
Old 23-12-2008, 10:51   #8
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Re: Best option for Gaming card

The i945p chipset definitely came with PCI-E compatibility... however the vanilla X1300 also came in PCI-E, AGP and PCI flavours.

The board sounds like a ASUS P5LP-LE, in which case the image you posted is mis-labelling the amount of PCI slots, or not labelling them correctly.

You should have one free PCI-E x16 slot, which would enable you to buy any GPU you like, but you may also need a new PSU if that's the case.

Since you aren't too bothered about graphics, and the card you use at the moment seems to play your games, i'd recommend something along the lines of an ATI Radeon 4670 which will completely blitz your current card. I'd suggest the 4650, but it uses DDR2 memory and your bandwidth would be severely limited as a result, so the 4670 is worth the extra £10-15
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote