View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 09:59   #101
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Stacks of GP vacancies though. They can't attract enough Drs, why? Because they are overworked.
Surely though hiring more GP's will relieve the overwork .Most of the overwork issue will be resolved by going 7 days a week because instead of treating x amount in 5 days you will be treating the same amount in 7 days .Those extra 2 days will make a massive difference to the NHS .

Quote:
We don't pay enough for our healthcare and we're going to have to pay substantially more should have been the message.
I agree we don't ,the message should have been " we will introduce a 7 day NHS and you will have to pay more for it"

Quote:
The 7 day NHS thing is cobblers, it always has been 7 days a week. Another media soundbite to deflect attention from the real issues.
Today 09:03
Only for emergencies ,not for the vast majority of NHS work it hasn't .In 2017 it should be possible for me to get treatment in the Musculo skeletal dept of my local hospital on a saturday or a sunday .In this country it seems to be considered more vital to allow me to buy a tin of beans on a sunday or get so drunk i end up in A&E than to get a steroid injection for Arthritis which would allow me to continue working and paying taxes .