Thread: TiVo 2nd hand tivo boxes
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 13:56   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: 2nd hand tivo boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Don't panic, the key part of the legislation is "knowingly" receives stolen goods, and you clearly weren't aware that this TiVo was stolen. I could go further and explain that this TiVo isn't actually "stolen" as far as the law is concerned, but I've posted that elsewhere and it's not relevant here. The point being that you haven't committed a crime, but you have lost your money and the right thing for you to do now is report the whole thing to Virgin.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Slight correction-"knowing or believing" it to be stolen.
Just to defend my post about stolen settops

My point is highlighted below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Its simple, VM have never sold there tivo boxes to anyone and therefor that box could be classed as stolen. They will not reconnect it without a paid for subscription

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote