View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 00:02   #12
cookdn
Inactive

cookdn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
BT infinity still install a stand alone modem so its as though VM have joined the all in one clang then got left behind or even mugged themselves.

Am I right in believing that when Sky, talktalk etc. fibre product come into play that they will have the stand alone modem fitted too?

Whats funny is whats written on router boxes, ADSL only and Cable only but now BT has put itself on the cable only boxes so what now, what was the plan? to let BT and those that use their line take over the router market too?
The consumer home hub supplied by BT Retail does standard ADSL and VDSL for the BT Infinity (FTTC) service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Home_Hub). Openreach provides VDSL routers for business FTTC, the customer then has to provide a PPPoE router.

I imagine that the likes of TalkTalk will have to provide their own VDSL capable kit for home FTTC connections provided through BT Wholesale. I'm not sure how LLU providers such as Sky (Easynet) are going to do FTTC as the service at present depends on direct connectivity to their exchange equipment with the subscribers copper pair. They could go down the sub loop unbundling route, effectively unbundling at the street cabinet level, but that would get expensive very quickly (Openreach Doc).

Best regards
David
cookdn is offline   Reply With Quote