View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 23:19   #6
cookdn
Inactive

cookdn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Simple i want a modem not a hub. they have tried it once it does not do what they intended it to do according to most users.

All they need do is issue a modem and then ensure that the only support given is to the modem. If there is a issue with the customers router then it is the customers responsibility to get it fixed.
I agree but this isn't going to happen as the mass-market now expects a hub.

Maybe a strategy would be to develop a new business orientated modem-router as this market is not interested in a hub. I know that the reason they have moved from modems to the business variant of the super-hub (BSHUB?) is so that they can provide static addressing via L2TP for business customers. I cannot see why this cannot be a hardware device that focuses on core functionality at the expense of consumer orientated hub features such as firewalls and wireless. This could be then become an requestable option to more technically minded non-business customers who would rather provide their own solution.

The issue for VM would be that technical support for the consumer market would have to handle two devices and they are clearly attempting to consolidate onto a single standard device.

Best regards
David
cookdn is offline   Reply With Quote