Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 00:59   #6
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing 2012

the Khan thing looks too dodgy and is literally the icing on the cake. the ref himself was a complete plonker during the fight, it was written in the opening rounds with him getting in the way. I've only watched boxing for the past 10 years, albeit big fights but in that time I've never seen a ref so clumsy in the ring.. why he was ref is beyond me, there a few high profile refs that do a solid job.

Peterson kept his head down as a tactic but I'm sure before fights the refs say keeps your heads up, protect yourselves at all times etc. was that tactic against the rules?

anyway, its amazing to see that footage again with Khans old man and 'manager' or whoever he is behind not in the slightest bit concerned.. i know the fight was main attraction but surely an eye on the judges.

it was a great fight to watch though ignoring the negatives, both showing great stamina.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote