View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:12   #13
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Yes for engineer time is money and it's what engineers do but it ain't rubbish

4 way splitter is biggest u get, split the ports on that an it further degrades the signal..
It's because of engineers bodging things I had to sort my own services out at my own cost

My signal levels were -6 on superhub and nearer -10 on tv services

Yes it worked but was far from ideal and then I got a hdu which brought my signal levels back up to perfect levels after my own proper rewire of -2 on tv and 2 on broadband services dead centre of the ranges.. Which means summer or winter with signal fluctuations and if I add further devices my signal levels will always be perfect and I never need to call an engineer again with complaints of weak signal.. Something that has been ongoing for 6 years until this year when ingot fed up and investigated it.. But shove a splitter on one of them ports? And why should I be satisfied that I have perfect signal on only 3 devices and degraded on the other 2? I'm paying for ideal service on 5 devices not 3 and a bit

Wasn't gonna stand for some
Moron screwing those levels up... As a splitter on 1 port degraded my signal to one box yes it still worked but seeming as it was at my own cost and I pay enough money to vm I am entitled to nothing other than perfect even if it takes 10 engineers giving me rubbish fob off excuses.. On 2 occasions as soon as engineers left I was straight on phone booking another appointment.. And if I hadn't? A problem that existed but was denied would not of been resolved by networks.

I respect people who do things properly.. And for vm engineers I'm either good or bad.. Do things properly and how I want in my house.. And I will finish off the job for you clean up, tack cables etc..when I had 2nd drop cable installed.. And phone cable was damaged.. Contractor left the coiled up cable on my lawn.. I dug up the old, put the cable in, reburied it and did all the terminations in the omni myself.. Engineer turned up next day and connected it in the pit and was appreciative as it took him a few minutes only So you can head off to your next job.. But cut corners, do things improperly and bodge and I will have the engineers back time and time again.. And if you continue to fob me off.. I take things into my own hands and do it myself.. Nearly 2k a year to vm? I'm entitled to nothing but perfect for that money and don't stand for nonsense.

Especially when I've been repeatedly given rubbish about moving my line up on taps when there is no other tap in the pit and told networks have been called which was lies.. Ironic thing is every engineer denied a problem and fobbed me off.. Then senior tech came out found a problem called networks and it was fixed in minutes.

And before you question I'm doing the work properly.. I use the exact same connectors vm use and equipment.

Nothing lower spec it's either same as vm or higher spec in terms of cable

So as far as engineers are concerned.. I'm either your best friend or worst enemy when you go to a job.

All depends on if you respect it's my house and I'm paying the bill.. And do things properly because I'm not ignorant.

Do things properly how I want as the customer and i will make the job quick finish it myself and you can head off the next job early..

Bodge it and you will be back again and again
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote