View Single Post
Old 22-08-2010, 15:58   #1
david.w.edgar
Inactive

david.w.edgar is an unknown quantity at this point
WEB page updating

Dear Sir or Madam, I seek your advice to overcome a problem I am having using the free web space that NTL provides to its customers.

I have been running the Web Site for the Old West Kirk in Greenock for a few years without any difficulties. I have recently changed from using a PC to using an Apple iMac. I am now running into serious difficulties.

When I update one of my old web pages using the Nvu program then FTP it up to your free Web Site using the NVU upload feature I can no longer see this page when I interrogate my Web Site. The Web Site reports it cannot find this page on my web site. I have also tried using the program Classic FTP and FileZila with the name negative outcome.

When I used the PC the program I used was Nvu and was uploaded using the program Terrapin. As I cannot get an Apple OS X version of the program I have been forced to use other Editing and FTP programs.

I managed, using the advice given on your help page, to get to view the files you are storing for me on your web site. I find that web pages I have not changed can be view from your site without any problem. However, any files I have changed when I try to view them on your site I get a error report saying they cannot be viewed.

I hope you will be in a position to advise asap how I may overcome these difficulties.

Yours faithfully,

David
david.w.edgar is offline   Reply With Quote