View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 18:11   #1
suepage
Inactive

Services: virgin media cable
suepage is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation cable tv not working correctly

H my name is sue, have just discovered this forum. Am looking to see if anyone has experienced the same problems as me. My virgin media tv service is not working properly. I am now on my 3rd cable box in 2 months. If i unplug the box from the wall and leave all night/several hours when i reboot the service seems to work fine for a couple of hours then i get messages saying my smart card is invalid and i will not be able to get all my services. Eventually the box jams and i have to reboot. Once i have done this after about 4 mins the box jams and the remote will not turn over the channel. After another 7mins the sound is replaced by a buzzing. Sometimes the picture freezes and sometimes carries on playing but no sound and i can't turn over so i have to reboot. This happens over and over again till i just get fed up and switch off. Sometimes i have checked the technical stuff in settings and it says com error on the card status. The thing is everytime i have an engineer here they just say its the box and replace it. Its ok till about 2 hours after they have gone and then it starts again. I am sure something else is going on. I have had my main cable replaced recently so i don't think its that. Sorry to waffle on but has anyone else experienced the same problem.
suepage is offline   Reply With Quote