View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 19:30   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Can VM trace unwanted marketing calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
I am signed up to the TPS and have been for atleast 2 years.

For the Past 2 weeks i keep getting calls from a call center that sounds Indian asking for a Mrs T Owen and ive told them on a number of occasions theres no one living here by that name and they have the wrong number.

Again now a few mins ago it happened and when i asked for the name of the company they hung up. When i dialled 1471 the callers number is witheld.

Is there anything that Virgin can do?
Theres not a lot VM can do about incomming calls.. if they were malicious then you could speak to the police, but mis-directed sales calls wouldn't be classed as malicious.

The other problem you have is they are with-holding their number, so you couldn't even get that number blocked. A last resort is Anon Caller reject, but that doesn't always work with International with-holds.

I use TrueCall myself, it's pricey to set up but so worth it if you are plagued by these type of calls.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote