View Single Post
Old 25-10-2008, 20:32   #8
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Config file help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
Yes, I know. I just thought that perhaps they'd respond better from a report raised internally.
I've been looking all over and I can't see anywhere where they say it's only 200 for exNTL, 256 otherwise.

Can't see it mentioned on the ASA website either

When you get STMd they reduce the advertised 256Kb by 50% to 128Kb for 5 hours
as you already have 56Kb less than you should have already, then that's nearly 25% already took off you without being STMd.

If you do get in touch with Virgin about it. don't let them think they can tell about the "upto" thing because that won't wash with anyone. it's the config file that they send to your modem that is the cause of the problem. it's intentionally set at 200Kb.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote