View Single Post
Old 27-11-2017, 22:03   #3911
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Advice wanted

Does anyone have a UHD streamer and have you used the buy and keep movies services UHD ?

Which is best Apple TV 4K , Chromecast Ultra , Roku Streaming Stick + , Amazon Fire TV 4K ?

What's the cost of UHD movies on iTunes , Google Play, Amazon etc.
I don't have a 4K TV yet (I hopefully will do by the end of the week though) so I cannot say for certain but I can give you some general advice on my experience of streaming devices.

It seems that Apple have the largest catalogue of 4K movies and they are the same price as HD ones,
now if we were in America I'd recommend paying the extra for the newest ATV as pretty much every US streaming service is available on the platform, but here in poor old Blighty it is missing many apps that other devices have.

The new Amazon Fire TV looks good value for money with some caveats,
firstly if you require an Ethernet connection you will have to spend £13:99 extra on a Ethernet dongle,
secondly their 4k movie catalogue is not very comprehensive but I believe what is available to buy on Amazon is like Apple and the same price as their HD counterparts.
Thirdly the new Fire TV only supports HDR10 and not Dolby Vision if that is important to you.
Fire TV does have the advantage of having nearly all UK services available on it (not Now TV), with the ability to easily sideload others that are not available from Amazon themselves.

Finally I have no experience of Roku but a couple of articles I've read say this is a good choice for 4k movies.

If 4k movies is all you want and you're happy to pay a premium I'd probably say get Apple, but if you want your streamer to do more I'd look at Amazon or Roku