View Single Post
Old 23-11-2017, 16:39   #3434
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
STV is technically made up of STV Central and STV North (formerly Grampian) both of which have regional news opt-outs. STV has 4 different versions centred around Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee. So not as simple as just putting a single feed on 103.

I'm told that last night's scan showed that STV AD has now replaced ITV AD in the NIT of VM's "Code Download Test (Portsmouth)" network. Indicating that the feed is now being tested centrally. The "hidden" flag in the EPG section of the SDT had been removed.

OB may prefer to interpret this as STV AD being tested by Dianne Abbott but... there you go.
Thanks, I never realised that was the case.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
STV are not that independent.

STV only broadcast up to 7 different programmes.

Weekdays:
STV News (Local news) in 4 areas (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee)
Scotland Tonight [STV's idea of Newsnight] with Local news in 4 areas (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee)
Aftermidnight (Best of STV2)*

Weekends:
STV News (Scottish news)*

*STV Wide (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.)

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

STV +1 is STV Edinburgh.

We get it here at Media Boy HQ. (STV Glasgow area)
Oh right, I thought that they'd have other local programmes too like the old style ITV regions used to. I remember a lot of people complaining when they stopped airing national ITV programmes in favour of content that STV thought more relevant to the local area (though IIRC this was as much to do with ITV saying that STV owed them money for their programming).

If the one STV AD being created is to show much the same as everywhere else does across the UK (and the local news is split into more than one feed, but the new AD will only be able to carry one of them), it seems a little pointless.

Re: The +1's that some people think are no longer relevant. Sky is to move them away from where they are on their EPG (mainly next to the parent channel) to elsewhere.

Maybe VM will follow suit with this compromise?

Anyone with a Broadcast Now subscription may be able to tell us more:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/sky/s...124422.article