View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 19:58   #3902
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Amazon are known to invest a lot of money into loss leaders to encourage people to buy into their eco system, their own devices are a good example of this,
I doubt much profit if any is derived from their video service, but it again ties subscribers into their systems and services.
We are all speculating and I am on the fence over whether Amazon or any other OTT service will bid for Premier League rights, but if they do I expect it to be for the cheapest package available and I would expect this to be included within a Prime subscription until such time that Amazon have enough sports rights to justify a separate sports subscription.

If my speculation is correct this could be good news for VM TV subscribers as I would expect an Amazon app to appear on Tivo and V6 not long after any announcement is made,
probably not so good news for Sky or BT as Amazon will probably adopt a quid pro quo attitude of denying access to them as long as Amazons content is withheld from their platforms.