View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 14:59   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The confusing thing for me (and maybe Ben can help out with this) is that afaik a real person is the only barrier in stopping you from having a new tier. As an example, when I rang up for 350 in August they told me it wasn't available yet and there was no way they could put it through and I would get 300. When the upgrade came down though I was on the 350 tier. The thing which I don't understand is why you had the problem you did to start off with. As far as I am aware the cmts does not pick and choose which tiers it accepts. If the correct config has come down for the shub 3, even if your area hasn't had any upgrade/extra capacity added to support it (which is why they say your area hasn't been enabled yet), you should still be able to connect and do your stuff and you will get whatever speed you can and that is it. I may be wrong and hopefully Ben can provide some clarity. This is the first time I have heard of it happening.
There are two parts to any broadband service. The provisioning that the kit will accept, and the code that bills you for the service.

For those tiers that are no longer sold, the billing code is protected to stop anyone being moved onto that code. If you already have the billing code on your account, then the system will correctly provision compatible kit (and any replacement kit) for that service. That's until such time as Virgin Media completely withdraw that tier of service and decommission all codes for it.

In this case, the OP has been moved off a billing code and associated provisioning, and as it's no longer sold, they can't now be moved back on to it.

Last edited by BenMcr; 08-11-2017 at 15:07.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote