View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 18:41   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

The confusing thing for me (and maybe Ben can help out with this) is that afaik a real person is the only barrier in stopping you from having a new tier. As an example, when I rang up for 350 in August they told me it wasn't available yet and there was no way they could put it through and I would get 300. When the upgrade came down though I was on the 350 tier. The thing which I don't understand is why you had the problem you did to start off with. As far as I am aware the cmts does not pick and choose which tiers it accepts. If the correct config has come down for the shub 3, even if your area hasn't had any upgrade/extra capacity added to support it (which is why they say your area hasn't been enabled yet), you should still be able to connect and do your stuff and you will get whatever speed you can and that is it. I may be wrong and hopefully Ben can provide some clarity. This is the first time I have heard of it happening.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote