View Single Post
Old 21-10-2017, 09:21   #22
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Hugely entertained by this thread. Never had any issues with Virgin myself, dealing with my own account and on behalf of my parents I've had plenty of contact over the years. Haven't always got the outcome I wanted (free upgrades or discounts) but can't fault the staff for playing the game.

In reality yes, almost every customer service organisation will have an aim/target/aspiration/KPI to resolve complaints at first contact. That's not unique to Virgin.

I have worked as a customer service manager (not for VM). The number of frivilous complaints and unpleasant members of the public who just need to be told twice was quite high, if not the most effective use of my time.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote