View Single Post
Old 21-10-2017, 00:30   #20
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks for the insight dodgem; I rather suspect that this is something along the lines as to what's now going on since John Malone's LG purchased the company.

He's well known for sweating his assets, sounds like he's sweating his employees too
Richard, you expect everyone at work to be perfect. This is unreasonable. Do you think you are perfect? I suspect you do. But the reality is that none of us are. A little tolerence goes a long way.

I have dealt with customer services from time to time with different cable companies over 20 odd years. They have been friendly and helpful and so much better than BT (although I am sure things at BT have changed in recent times).

I think that one's own attitude is important if trying to get an issue resolved. I do believe that continued problems with Virgin Media Customer Services may indicate that the problem lies with the complainant. As a general rule, at least.

Blaming John Malone for your problems I think is a bit of a stretch. I don't think he has a personal grudge against you. I note that you don't have much regard for Rupert Murdoch either. I think perhaps there is a pattern here.

Sorry, I have tried to be quiet on this since your last outburst towards me, but someone must stand up for people who are doing their best to provide you with a service. I pay tribute to them because they get a lot of grief and yet start their next call as if nothing had happened. But I suppose that someone who is hell bent on getting compensation for relatively minor problems is not going to care an awful lot for those who are trying hard to deal reasonably with a particular issue.

If we could now stop slagging off VM employees who are just trying to do their jobs, this would be appreciated I suspect by most right thinking people.

Once again, my apologies for any upset, but it has to be said.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote