View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 16:50   #1
Hexxeh
cf.member

Hexxeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Botched upgrade to Vivid 300 from Gamer 200

I upgraded to Vivid 300 via the website last week, the new Hub 3.0 arrived yesterday. Upon plugging it in and activating it, it failed to register. Status pages were showing a 350mbit config had been setup.

Phone support insisted on an engineer visit, which was booked for today. Engineer phones as the 4 hour slot is about to end, says he's not coming, and he knows what the problem is: I can't actually have 300mbit. He's downgraded me back to Vivid 200 to get me back online, and advises calling CS to sort out the incorrect billing (now being way overcharged for a lower package).

Long story short, I'm now stuck on Vivid 200 and they refuse to give me my Gamer 200 back as it was before the botched upgrade. Worse still, until July of this year, I was out of contract, and only took a new one because I was forced to to upgrade from my old Vivid 200 onto the Gamer 200. So I'm now back in contract with a worse connection than I started with.

Seem to have hit a brick wall talking to CS, is there any other route I can take to get this resolved? Is it really not possible to put me back on Gamer 200 as I was before so I can have my 20mbit upload and no STM back?

Before the Hub 3.0 I had a 2AC with 8 DS + 2 US, with the new hub I'm seeing 10 DS + 2US. Assume this is why I can't get 300mbit?

Last edited by Hexxeh; 17-10-2017 at 16:53.
Hexxeh is offline   Reply With Quote