View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 10:17   #366
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Lets go for the cliff-edge then? clearly the EU just wants money, It's all they ever talk about.

I don't think we will get any sort of deal from them, once the money is handed over they'll not move on with talks regarding trade they'll ask us to look the other way while they run.

Germany wants to Rule the EU I say let them it won't be off our backs. I reckon once we do finally go the rest will follow they are just sitting back and watching what happens. We are the first test case these are always harder.

If anything this has shown we are not welcome in their little club lets face it as it was said "the english language is a dying language around here"

I think they'll find it harder the UK not being around and they are making it as difficult as possible to leave.
I'm afraid the EU seem to have shown more solidarity among 27 nations than the 27 members of our cabinet have. The evidence that the EU is imploding based on Brexit is sparse.

What exactly do you think will happen if we leave right now? As you're in favour of it you must have a good idea of the consequences. What are you expecting to happen?

Regarding what the EU wants they set 3 requirements to progress, our politicians agreed with them then have reneged.

If you think the UK leaving the EU in a disorganised way would inspire other states to leave you're likely to be disappointed. A number of them are far more tightly integrated than we are, only those on the very periphery are less integrated and many of them are even more reliant than we are on the Single Market.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
The only thing that is certain, is that we know more what we don't want from brexit than what we do.

Staying within the single market is impossible, as that is tied to freedom of movement.
Staying within the customs union is impossible, as that would tie our hands in dealmaking.
Paying a fortune in settlement or subscription is unacceptable
We know what some don't want at least. As far as the entire country goes your guess is good as mine what the population as a whole want.

Based on polling it seems like a substantial minority of people are happy to be poorer in return for ditching all of the above, however I very much doubt the entire population would go along with that.

Either way all we have is what polls say. If we're honest no-one really has any idea what the UK wants right now, from the cabinet downwards. When that ridiculous referendum was thrown together no-one actually bothered to consider what we were voting for beyond leave or remain, and no-one actually even bothered to make the thing legally binding.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

If you're a pensioner congratulations: your triple-lock means, again, you get to avoid some of the consequences of your likely vote to leave.

if you're of working age your pay almost certainly isn't keeping pace with this, and if you're on welfare that's not a state pension you've no chance.