View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 12:49   #63
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
<snip>

Maybe the current youngsters 10-16 will slowly move to ondemand 100% (i still doubt it with sports...) but the older generation just wont so linear will be around for another 30 odd years.

My mum knows how to watch eastenders on demand if she's missed it. But she'd just rather watch it "live". She knows the time its on so whats the point in her watching it on demand later on?
Most 10-16 don't pay for the service. And some older still live at home with some cost cushioning.

As they leave home and have to fork out from their own pockets after all the other bills then linear (include recording of linear) becomes more attractive. Subscription may have some takers but PPV can get very expensive.