View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 15:50   #134
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Las Vegas: Mass shooting in Mandalay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’ve pointed it out a number of times, but seeing as you asked, here it is again.

The full clause is “ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”.

You quoted “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The second half of the sentence is conditional on the first half. In quoting only half the sentence you changed its meaning. You misquoted it.
And as I have pointed out, what I quoted is not incorrect.
I have just quoted part of your post, that does not make it a misquote.
A partial quote is not a misquote, to be a misquote it would have to be inaccurate
[ any further argument about this will be removed, its going nowhere, and way off topic ].

As far as the "meaning" of the whole 2nd amendment goes, thats been debated for years (even centuries) and will no doubt continue to be.
The only people who know for sure died a very long time ago. However, the views of the US supreme court have been made clear more recently.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote