View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 00:12   #46
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
I think we have to be careful what we wish for, we dont want virgin media going hell for leather for HD channels that have little or no actual HD content, look at 5hd, there is virtually no native HD programmes on there, even the films are only upscaled hd. I dont mind waiting for HD channels until they are broadcasting at least 40 percent of the programmes in Native HD.
not really !!!

if the bandwidth is there get all the HD channels thats available. the better the choise the broader the customer base is you appeal to. i understand that if bandwidth is limited you need to be cereful of what you add and make sure that customers are happy with the choices but if its a case of limited bandwidth then get out out of the HD market, let Sky have it and move on. personally i dont think this is the case and its a case of VM just not putting a high enough value on HD channels and content which is wrong as the value of content is what the highest bidder is willing to pay and if its decent or popular content you cant just ignore it because the price is too high.

its alot like buying fooball player the better they are the more they cost and the sky is the limit its just a question of paying the price and making sure its a popular choice.