View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 09:24   #1
gunsworth
Inactive

gunsworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Poor streaming downloading and uploading

I am using the Superhub modem with a 30mb connection in the Birmingham area. I have wireless and wired connections to the hub and get the issues on both.

I have had problems with streaming, downloading and uploading for some time. I am an IT professional and have installed both wired and wireless networks for several years so know a bit but I can make no sense of the issues I am getting.

Broadband speed tests suggest that I am getting near to the 30Mb download and nearly MB upload. However, whenever I ty to stream a video (BBC or You Tube mainly) or if I am downloading files or updating my website I get problems. Most videos stop playing and don't recover, downloads can slow down to below Kbps and uploads constantly fail. Internet browsing is usually fine.

VM engineers have visited and their solution was to put the modem into 'modem only' mode which didn't improve things. I have also had three Superhubs including the current one to try and sort the issue. The latest ha no firewall or IPSec enabled.

I am not getting package loss (well occasional one-offs) and tracert results seem fine.

In one conversation with an engineer she indicated there was an intermittent connection issue but the engineer who came out didn't seem to know what that could mean.

I can't complain about the VM service, they have really been helpful. I am just stuck.
gunsworth is offline   Reply With Quote