View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 22:31   #15
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: SM4 area very poor performance

Magic are you also in SM4? Maybe it's just the CMTS I am on.

Does anyone know - is a given CMTS tied to serving customers on a given group of cabinets? I guess congestion could be either on the 'cable' side of the CMTS or it's connection into the Virgin network could become congested.

What I was able to glean from the faults engineer that did the tests for me I am on CMTS nmal18-2-0 and on cable 8/0/0. Would this serve one optical node that would then feed a few cabinets in a small region? I was on Upstream 1 and was moved to upstream 2 as that was slightly less congested, though I believe it's downstream congestion I am suffering. When I can do a speed test I find at peak times I will get around 0.5 to say 4 Mb/s down but around 5.5 Mb/s up. Being on the business service for 50 Mb/s my upstream profile is set to 5.7 Mb/s.

After escalating to the CEO's office after a week of 'no ETA' I am now told that they have escalated this and planning will be complete tomorrow with an ETA to be implemented by Friday.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote