View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 19:50   #46
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

We have had a good number of new channels over the last year, and we are grateful for that, but many have been fairly low quality or low interest channels. I hope now under Liberty management we can look forward to getting all the channels we would expect to see on the cable platform.

At the very least, we should have Sky Atlantic/HD, Drama, More Movies, MGM HD, Sony Movies, BT Sports 1 and 2/HD and ESPN/HD, all of which are prominently set out in listings magazines such as TV and Satellite Week. Other HD channels that we do not presently have should also be added.

Additionally, Virgin Media should put on a decent choice of 3D material, and if this cannot be done through video on demand, a deal should be done with Sky for Sky 3D.

Just by doing this, it will encourage more people over to Virgin Media as we will no longer be regarded by satellite viewers as the 'poor relation'. That will bring more money into VM and help them to improve services further.

It is heartbreaking to see the possibilities with the TIVO box not being exploited. I thought we would at least have access to Lovefilm or Netflix by now - this was being mooted well over a year ago. Only a small number of the apps VM have given us are worth having. Personally, I only use the i-Player, news, weather and You-Tube, which is a poor relation of the internet version. Such a shame. Such a wasted opportunity.