View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 18:49   #33
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I doubt any of those statistics will prove anything over the long term as over the past year VM have had its current and new customer base to focus on. Once it is only fighting for new customers I doubt there would be much to write home about regarding Tivo outselling Sky+HD.
Agreed, eventually it will boil back down to the traditional differences between the two companies. Tivo is a very good box, but it's simply the box v+ should have been but never was. When I first came to cable the difference between sky+ hd and v+ hd was jarring. Tivo puts them on a much more even footing, and whilst I don't believe sky Atlantic makes up for the significantly better on demand and catch up offerings (ie. I don't buy the sky has better content argument) I have to agree with Muppetman that the abysmal app support means one of the reasons that it is a better box than Sky+ hasn't been realised. Yet.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote