View Single Post
Old 15-12-2008, 12:08   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: CNN: "PS3 is dying on the shelves"

Quote:
Its not all bad but the article looks like it should of been written last year with the writter still banging on about the same things that Sony was slanted for last year but have made great progress with now.
I think the problems they had last year are returning because of the cost difference between the PS3 and the 360. Although the console is better, is it better enough to warrant the difference? Especially when the 360 has added more exclusive titles as well.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
They are always going to need a price drop with the 360 just dropping and dropping but with them already taking a hit with each console sold its unlikely to happen anytime soon. There are rumours of a price cut early next year but this year I dont think there is a chance tbh.

I have also read abit about some PS2 owners waiting for BC before they upgrade so if Sony can finish the Emulation software they are meant to be working on and release it that may drive sales up. Then again with the PS2 still doing ok will they wait for a while before doing this ? Who knows it is Sony after all lol.
Yeah, it is difficult for them. Microsoft did very well with their plan for the 360, get it out first and make it cheaper. Sony are also unlucky in that a lot of their business depends on the Playstation these days and Microsoft can afford to make a loss on the Xbox as their plan is to dominate very long term.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote