View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 11:09   #76
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
A big problem here is that simply. The NHS MUST stop giving free aid to every tom, dick and harry.

IF, you don't have the funds and ont have an address. then you DONT GET FREE treatment.
How do you enforce this? Say someone is involved in a major traffic accident. They do not own the car, are unconscious, dying and do not carry any identifying documents (a lot of people don't). Risk them dying while you check their ID via DNA swabs (assuming their DNA is on record)?

Quote:
IF, you are homeless. Then you can get treatment via charities. That might be cruel. But the Tories are being cruel to everyone in the UK. By cutting funds to GPs, local Councils etc etc.
And who funds the charities who, lets not forget, are being hit by the same cuts?.
Quote:
Local Government are at fault for local GPs cuts, to Social Care and Day Care Centres. They are closing them down all the time.

What these Day Centres can provide is GP service. Which would solve an OAP that is in Hospital. They would come out of hospital, straight to a day Care centre under the direction of a GP.
You are right, the NHS is providing care to a lot of people it shouldn't have to, but who is going to pay for the day care centres? Remember, Councils are being affected by the cuts too.
Quote:
It is totally wrong that Local Councils say they don't have any money. Hounslow Coucil for example must make thusand of pounds EACH week from Parking and fines.
They probably do. They also have to spend thousands of pounds each week providing things like libraries and schools, as well as things like dustbin collection, sports grounds and street lighting.

Quote:
When l go to The Blenhiem Centre on a Bank Holiday, people still put money in for a ticket.

They claim that this money goes for the upkeep of the car park. What painting lines, you can get the Unemployed to do that as part og the TRAINING.
Actually, having done book keeping for a local group of leisure centres, I was surprised at how much it *does* actually cost to maintain a carpark. It isn't only the painting. There is also the costs involved in maintaining/renewing the surface, maintaining the ticket machines as well as security and lighting. That said, Bromley Council (my local council) did make a hefty profit from the car park fees.
Quote:
I have been on these courses. And they are NOT worth going to.
Not really sure of the relevance.

Quote:
One of the roads near The Blenhiem Centre, was FREE parking. Council decided in there wisdom to put 15 parking meters there.
Do people live in the road? The council may have put the meters in to help them? They would likely have permits. I live in a road near shops, and believe me, parking in my road during the day is almost impossible. I have a drive, so it doesn't affect me usually, but it is a major PITA if I have workmen in.

Quote:
ALL this money can go into GP services on the borough. I went to a GP surgery on Friday. And it was empty. And yet, every surgery on a Monday, you cannot get an appointment.
If that is the case, surely the GPs can do something about it? It's them that issue the appointments.
Quote:
Mr Hunt has said that the 'FOUR HOUR SLOT is only for the serious ill paitents. So if you end up in Hospital with a Heart Attack, which has to be dealt with 'within the golden hour' you might not get seen, if you start to get better.
I am fairly certain someone suffering a heart attack would be assessed almost immediately and rushed to the top of the list.
Quote:
I think the whole matter with the NHS stinks. And all this to save bloody money by the Tories, so they can upkeep there Private Health Care companies.
That's just it, throwing more money at the NHS isn't going to solve the problem. I don't doubt that the NHS does need more resources, but they have to be directed in the right areas. Throwing more money at it blindly is either going to help the shareholders in the NHS's various contractors, or it's going to ensure that the money is wasted.

The Tories (and I include Tony Blair and Gordon Brown in this) are just interested in farming stuff off to contractors (possibly looking toward their own future when they cease to be MPs), and Labour just seem interested in blindly throwing money at it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote