View Single Post
Old 30-04-2006, 10:29   #1
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Domestic & General Insurance.

We have a few things insured through these guys ranging from the washing machine, Hoover, TV etc etc. Last week the Dyson we have decided to give up working, the missus gave Domestic and General a ring, she gave them our details, the woman on the other end of the phone said we'll get an engineer to ring you and make an appointment, within 2 hours he'd rung made an appointment and fixed it, he was over in Nottingham so he said he'll come and have a look at it, the motor had gone so he put a new motor in the Dyson and away it went, the missus was happy.

On Wednesday the washing machine went on the blink, here's me thinking Jesus what next it'll be out of action for a couple of weeks, we got on the phone to Domestic and General, they were spot on, they booked an engineer to come Friday morning, Friday morning first thing he was there a nice chap with a smile on his face, he got down to his job, I kept him going with tea and bacon sarnies, half an hour later it was working, sign here please he said jobs done the machine was like new.

With so many stories flying about slamming insurance companies I thought this one would be a bit different regarding Domestic and General, they were spot on and nothing was to much trouble for them, I forgot the names of the people I spoke to in their call centre but the 2 engineers we had visit us Andy and Terry were super troopers, once again well done guys you'll keep getting my custom in future.

Apparently all the major retailers use Domestic and General when the companies own guarantee expires so they must be good.