Thread: Wi-fi Issue
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2008, 23:11   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Wi-fi Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
I suspect it is losing the wireless connection and then, to be helpful, changes your IP. It won't get the old one back untill the wireless is back and it does another DHCP.

Sounds like the old channel interference problem. Try a different one. If you can, have a scan about first to see what any neighbours are using and pick something well away from them.
Not channel interference afaik unless the neighbours AP has hopped channels again.

None of the other Laptops have a problem.

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
dragon if you got admin rights on the lappy it might be worth updating the drivers for the card (probably is an intel 2200 b/g card and there are quite a few updates for those
I did install a driver update a while back didn't solve the problem, Played with some advanced settings in DD-WRT config seemed to solve it for a while but the problems back.

Might see if there's any further driver updates.

I do have admin rights on the machine actually
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote