View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:03   #763
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
I know what sky are trying to do but I'm in an unfortunate situation where I can't subscribe to sky as my landlord won't allow it and I can't justify £30 per month just for F1. I'm really really not interested in football, golf, cricket and the rest of the rubbish that's on sky sports. The only thing I'm intersted in is motorsports.

If sky want to sweeten their customers then good for them but due to the fact the F1 contract was ordered to sky on a silver platter by the BBC then it would be a good idea to offer it as a standalone to maximise the customer that don't have sky and don't want a full SS subcription but sky are too greedy to think of that !!!!
At the risk of going over old ground here, I find myself in the unusual position of on Sky's side here-and in fact the answer to your gripe is in your own post. The BBC alone are to blame for the fact that f1 is no longer free to air-it is their greedy desire to retain a footprint in the sport at the expense of the viewing public that is the problem. Had they acted in the best interests of the sport's fans rather than of the trust then we 'd now be looking forward to a free season, in hd, on channel 4. Hard to blame Sky for any of this.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote