Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2017, 19:51   #131
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Demands that will never be met as again think of 3D TV and thus there it tells a story that will very likely repeat itself in the short life of UHD.

https://www.cnet.com/news/shambling-...lls-down-dead/
I don't believe that will be the case. A lot more people have large screens these days, and UHD makes for a better viewing experience. Given the demand, the change to UHD will come, but the expense of conversion means that we have to wait for the studios and broadcasters to catch up.

The best comparison with 3D is VR! Virtual reality is causing excitement in some quarters, but it won't catch on. There will be an initial flurry and then, like 3D, it will fizzle out.Anything like this requiring glasses will suffer the same fate.

8k is unlikely to take off as so few will have TV screens so big as for this to make an appreciable difference.

The next big thing? My bet is on holographic TV. There I go, putting my neck on the line again!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote