View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 13:08   #5428
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Roughie,

Does it do the same with a wired PC straight into the Hub 3 when you are in modem mode?

I'm not on an Arris CMTS so me trying it has no value.

My set up, includes 3 main ethernet cables going out to switches around the house which serve a variety of devices. So as not to disrupt the lives of the family I will run SH3 in modem-only mode tonight, connected to my main PC, and have the router out of the loop.

Edit.............................................. ..............................................

I went ahead and disrupted everyone's lives anyway. I connected my main PC to the SH3 in modem only mode. There was a network connection, but sadly no internet connection.

Having just spoken to CS I have reset the SH3 in the hope that any new firmware might get downloaded. Unfortunately not. It is still 9.1.88T.

Currently in router mode and having no drop outs. Going back to modem only mode shortly.

A question for you Seph. One of my main reasons for having my own router is that I can use VPN with no trouble. My expat friends use my facility so they can easily access BBC iplayer etc, plus I use it for security when out and about using public wifi. Is it possible to use my ASUS just as an AP whilst still using it as a VPN server? Presumably the IP it is allocated can be used for VPN.

Last edited by roughbeast; 31-07-2016 at 13:43.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote