View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 07:54   #13
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Sunday Times Rich List suggests UK's wealthiest defy recession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
The thing is that businesses aren't charities. A business has to survive in order to continue trading......so that it can make profit and thereby pay wages, pay taxes, keep or create jobs......which pay more taxes.I am against businesses squeezing workers so that they can keep shareholders happy but I am equally dismayed at the current vogue of bashing businesses simply because they might be profitable and have to live in the real world (as opposed to a world of left wing success envy and muddled wishful thinking)

Oh my, the usual suspects blindly bashing business again. What a turn up for the books eh?

How many of them have ever run a business do you reckon?

Easy to bash shareholders too, when without them there'd be precious little business. Most of us are shareholders directly or indirectly via our pension funds and returns do vary quite a lot but of course the usual suspects ever take note that owning shares is a risky business and the dividend returns are linked to performance and go down as well as up.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote