View Single Post
Old 26-01-2011, 21:24   #9
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Re: Wise to use Virgin Phone without any BT phone backup?

I've had it for well over 10 years. VM, ntl & C&W. In general it's been OK but I've had 2 unpleasant experiences.

One was a few years ago with ntl when I needed the external telephone cable repaired. What followed was 4 weeks of sheer hell. The only words to describe all of ntl customer services and some of the engineers were appalling and incompetent. It was only when I went nuclear and demanded to be put through to the department that dealt with leaving ntl (and by this stage I was serious about this) was the problem addressed seriously. Perhaps things have improved with VM, but I hope never to have to find out the hard way.

The other is the long-running saga of lack of caller display. Phoning customer services to ask about it always has 3 stages. The first is where they say yes, we'll do it. The second stage is when you tell them that you know that it is not currently available. They then go away to check (which they should have done at the beginning) and come back to confirm what you knew already. The third stage is when you ask them when it will be available. Their lack of knowledge about anything at all is truly astonishing. Considering that a certain amount of information has been made available on this forum, the fact that even this limited information has not been given to VM's customer services says something, and nothing very nice at that, about VM's customer services.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote