View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 12:11   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Thumbs down They're at it again!

- 'they' being TV Licencing. Apparently I'm due a visit on the 17th, if I don't get 'correctly licensed' before then.

I do not own a TV, nor do I want to. I don't watch live programmes because there's nothing in particular I want to watch. I don't subscribe to BBC iPlayer, though I do subscribe to Amazon Prime (though originally that was just for cheaper goods on Amazon; I didn't ask for the streaming services, though I have since bought Season 4 of Lost Girl and a favourite episode of Being Erica). So as far as I'm aware I am correctly licensed.

If I could be bothered to tell them online, they want a phone number and email address, which I'd rather not give them. I'm inclined to just let 'em visit.

Come to think of it, wouldn't the BBC iPlayer service ask for your TV licence details anyway, since you do need a TV licence to use it as of last year? So if they've no record of anyone at my address using iPlayer, that has to mean no-one is using it, yes?