View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 17:18   #733
gaz1
Inactive

gaz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
Yeah the Phorm PR boys are doing the rounds on most of the tech sites. Most of the replies they give contain generic answers that have been cut n paste from other replies given elsewhere. A simple damage limitation exercise imo.

Now, lets just recap,
A member of the Phorm tech team came on this board yesterday and categorically stated that “If you are not part of the system ie opted out no data will be processed by phorm. I really hope that's clear.”
Clear indeed, although deliberately misleading. Why? Well because although no data is processed, it does still pass through Phorm (as I suspected all along).

Consider this quote here from their CEO Kent Ertegrul - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...rul/page3.html

So there you have it, data is still mirrored onto a profiler, opting out is irrelevant as to whether data passes though the Phorm system, as clearly it does, no matter what. There is no real opt out other than switching to a Phorm-Free ISP.

In that same interview Kent Ertegrul keeps banging on about how bad google is, but see thing is, I can choose not to use google if I so want. With Phorm there is no REAL choice. Data still passes through the Phorm system.

I’m more angry now after reading that interview than I was before.
this is how i see it and what i want is no connection in wires to the phorm reader as i read it to be done

? for phorm why wont you supply a drawing diagram of how you connect to the suppliers isp connection

p.s virgin cable supervisors do know of this forum and have been reading it today and yesterday as i forwarded this address to em probably like countless others
theres 2 ways i can go from here either end contract with virgin media once phorm is started up or walk into a court room and under data protection act force virgin media to disconnect phorm from any connection of mine