View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 22:26   #14
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Garden Bridge Cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Just to add, I reckon there ought to be an inquiry into how a process such as this can cost c. £50m before a single hole is dug. I'm sure a lot of consultants have been involved but it's a hell of a lot of money and I'd love to know what it all went on.
I assumed this was the result of an inquiry or investigation?

I didn't actually mind the Garden Bridge. Sort of a waste, London needs other bridges and Crossrail 2 more, but at least it was some sign of building something and a cool tourist spot. But it entered the UK infrastructure zone which means nothing ever gets done, people argue for years, spend a lot of money and then call the whole thing off. There were stupid plans to involve private funding and then questions over who would own the bridge (it should be London). Then it would be one of those areas that are privately owned but allow public access which is stupid and also means they could theoretically shut off access. Stupid all around.

That stupid sky lift thing was a waste of money too. No one wants to go from the joys of the O2 car park to the dazzling lights of the EXCEL centre. A piece of infrastructure designed solely, it seems, for event attendees who have a concert to go in the evening. You put cable cars where there is something to see, not over industrial land. I think they literally have a handful of regular users.

Last edited by Damien; 16-08-2017 at 22:44.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote