View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 17:55   #7
gbone
Inactive

gbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: superhub only works with wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Not heard about it, though I don't have a Superhub (yet).

I'd first try resetting it via the pinhole at the back, also do any of your devices have static IP settings by any chance? What were they connected to before?

Lastly, I should point out 35mb download isn't "spot on" anything. If you're on the 30mb service, you should be getting 30-32mb, if you're on the 50mb service you should be getting 50-53mb. 35mb isn't in either of these ranges.
I also said there were 2 ps3s online and doing whatever at the time as well as the wife doing bits on the phone.reset numerous times tried everything they told me.like I say even in modem mode its exactly the same

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
yes it sounds liek you do havea faulty one techincall suport are wrong if more than 1 device isnt working and the device is confiremd workin on another connection then it the rotuer that at fault in this case shub

can you go to your pc and bring up the ip information and tell me what ip address it is i think you will find it is a 169.254.*.* address which means teh ports or dhcp isnt working but since your getting ip address on the wireless then it will mean teh ports are faulty

thenry suggested a 2waay to make sure youg et it replaced he wasnt suggesting it wasnt faulty

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

mmm i forgot about that one, try the same ethernet cable on your mates/cousins and see if it works if it does then it beyond a doubt it is the shub
Yeah I get the 169.254 one,i have tried 4 cables the brand new one he left yesterday and 3 of my own pretty much brand new.

Wireless seems perfect on everything else
gbone is offline   Reply With Quote